Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided:
- the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given
- FellowsPublications@IndianAcademyofSciences is mentioned
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Single copies of full items can be:
- displayed or performed in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
- Mention of FellowsPublications@IndianAcademyofSciences is appreciated but not mandatory.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- FellowsPublications@IndianAcademyofSciences is restricted to:Journal articles
- Deposited items may include:
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with their publication status.
- Principal Languages: English
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by academic staff of the institution
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- Eligible depositors must deposit full texts of all their publications, although they may delay making them publicly visible to comply with publishers' embargos.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is checked by internal subject specialists.
- No embargo policy defined.
- If FellowsPublications@IndianAcademyofSciences receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- FellowsPublications@IndianAcademyofSciences will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- FellowsPublications@IndianAcademyofSciences is working with external partners to:
- convert or migrate file formats
- develop and implement software emulations for old file formats
- record preservation metadata
- backup items in external archives
- FellowsPublications@IndianAcademyofSciences regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- The original bit stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Journal publishers' rules
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Withdrawn items are deleted entirely from the database.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- The metadata of withdrawn items will not be searchable.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The earlier version may be withdrawn from public view.
- No closure policy defined.